Drill Hall Gallery

As a Commonwealth Heritage-listed building, the Drill Hall Gallery holds a significant place in both Canberra’s and Australia’s history.

Originally built in 1940 to train soldiers for World War II, in 1984 the interior of the building was remodelled to create an art gallery which is considered one of the most beautiful of its kind.

The Gallery has developed a proud tradition of impeccably presented landmark exhibitions accompanied by scholarly publications, and it is now a venue of choice for many of Australia’s leading contemporary artists, curators and collectors.