Study with us

Our graduates gain the knowledge and skills to lead organisations, develop public policy, create new companies and undertake research.

Our research

Our academic staff are at the forefront of global thinking on issues relating to wealth and wellbeing, strong organisations, transformative innovation, and the

Student resources

Information about program and course selection, enrolment, change of program, variation to enrolment, status and other general matters.


Our alumni may be found in the world’s leading companies, policy agencies and universities.

Contact us

Find contact details for any general enquiries.



Approval to travel

Before travelling on behalf of the University, you must:

  • Have approval from the appropriate delegate (Research School staff travel is approved by the Director of your Research School. Professional staff travel is approved by the General Manager).
  • Have ensured that the funds are available, if charged to an incentive account or grant fund.
  • If charged to a grant fund ensure that the activities and travel costs are covered by the contract.

Complete an on-line travel application form. To log into the on-line travel system username is your ANU u number and the password is your Horus password. If you require assistance please call the helpdesk on ext.54321-1-6.

Once your on-line travel form is approved by the delegate, you or the Research School administrator must:

using an ANU purchase card, before you leave.

Travel Allowance - Per diem

Refer to CBE procedures for per diem amount calculation (50% of the ATO rate for staff and 40% for students). The on-line travel system calculates the per diem at 100% of the ATO rate. Therefore when you claim the per diem amount you need to adjust the budgeted amount accordingly. Payment of the per diem is five business days before departure.

Paying for costs while travelling 

Meal and incidental costs can be paid for either based on actual expenditure (purchase card (preferred method of payment) or as an advance), or as a per diem allowance as per the CBE Travel procedure

Some taxi fares can be covered using Cabcharge cards, available from your Research School administrator.You can also claim reimbursement for the taxi fare from the airport to the conference venue and back to the airport, only.


If you require an advance, this must be requested prior to travel only in exceptional circumstances, and must conform to the policy. Please submit the Request for Advance form to your Research School administrator.


Please see the Reimbursements page. 

After you travel

Once travel is completed you must complete the E-Travel Form post travel diary and update any change in travel and/or travel costs.

An ANU travel diary must be completed for all work-related travel (international and domestic) which exceeds 5 consecutive nights.

Updated:   24 February 2017 / Responsible Officer:  Dean, Business & Economics / Page Contact:  College Web Team