In case of emergency
In the event of a life threatening emergency contact Police/Ambulance/Fire on 0-000. Please be sure to dial the first 0 to make calls external to the University.
If you have concerns for your personal safety call ANU Security 52249. If there is no answer, and you are in an emergency call 000, otherwise keep calling ANU Security until an officer answers. Do not leave a message. Make yourself familiar with the ANU Security number or put it in your phone.
If safe to do so, note and report the incident to ANU security on 52249 or your Supervisor or Area Warden.
An Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) is located outside the Student Administration office, L2, Building 26C.
In case of fire
- Do not use the lifts
- Use the fire stairs only (do not use the main, open stairs in Building 26C)
- Feel doors for heat before you open them - if hot, do not open
- Close doors behind you, but do not lock them
- Follow the instructions of the emergency wardens
- Take your personal possessions such as wallets, keys, mobile devices and handbags with you
- Make your way to designated evacuation point and wait for further instructions
- Be aware of the layout of the floor the location of all exits points, fire fighting equipment and red phones. Be aware of all procedures - further information can be found at the Fire Safety page of the ANU Facilities & Services Division.