The Business Development Office (BDO) was established in August 2014 within the College of Business and Economics (CBE). This section is managed by the Business Development Manager.
The overarching mandate of the BDO is to facilitate collaboration between business and government organisations and academics at CBE.
The BDO has three major strategic goals:
- Create more opportunities for CBE academics for meaningful engagement with industry and government
- Assist in creating more practice-based learning opportunities for students
- Position CBE as a highly-sought-after entity where industry and government stakeholders come for access to relevant talent and expertise to improve their operations.
The BDO has the following main functions:
- Manage industry engagement and impact process
- Manage student research experience projects
- Manage staff-industry consultancies
- Communicate experience and outcomes of the industry-academic engagement process, including communication in academic outlets.
- Formulate and implement short term, medium term and long term business development plans for the college.
The office is staffed by:
Dr Priscilla Kan John (Business Development Manager); and
Mr Ruonan Sun (Business Development Officer).
Please contact Dr Priscilla Kan John for enquiries.