Start your brilliant career with a degree from Australia's #1 ranked university.


Find contact details for any general enquiries.


Find contact details for any general enquiries.

Study with us

Our graduates gain the knowledge and skills to lead organisations, develop public policy, create new companies and undertake research.

Our research

Our research is focused on issues that are highly significant for organisations, the Australian economy, and society at large.

Student resources

Whether you're a new or continuing student, you can find everything you need here about managing your program and the opportunities available to you.


Our alumni may be found in the world’s leading companies, policy agencies and universities.

Contact us

Find contact details for any general enquiries.

HDR Student resources

Higher Degree by Research students have access to a variety of services at CBE. If you're interested in more information about postgraduate research at ANU, visit ANU Research students' website.

For additional support, you can join Postgraduate & Research Students' Association (PARSA), ANU's representative body for postgraduate students.

HDR forms


Research coursework changes

Research students can apply to add or drop a coursework course using the Manage My Degree eForm, via ISIS. It is recommended that you discuss your coursework requirements with your supervisor before requesting any variation in enrolment.

Application for Change of Intensity - Research

To change from part-time to full-time and visa versa.  


Change to Supervisory Panel (PDF, 368KB) For students who need to make changes to the membership of their supervisory panels.

Research Student Milestones

 Overview of research student milestones.
Research Program Leave

For students unable to pursue their program for a period of time where circumstances prevent them continuing with their research studies:

  • personal leave
  • medical leave
  • maternity leave.
Recreational Leave (PDF, 54KB) For students who wish to take their recreation leave.

Extension of Research Program

For students unable to complete their degree within the maximum duration.
Scholarship Extension  You can apply to extend your scholarship using the Manage My Degree eForm, via ISIS
Research Program Change and Research Program Transfer Change from MPhil into PhD and vice versa, or to move from one area at the ANU to another.

Withdrawal from a research program

If you decide you no longer want to continue studying at ANU then you should withdraw from your program. 

Other ANU student forms are available from the ANU Program administration site.

Workshops and training

ANU Research integrity training (RIT)
CBE HDR Research skills workshops
ANU Research & Training - home information page
ANU Research & Training - upcoming workshops for HDR students
ANU Academic Skills and Learning Centre (Appointments, tutorials and writing workshops)

Databases and software resources:

CBE Research databases & software

Thesis editing, binding and submission:

Thesis editing
Thesis printing and binding
Submitting your thesis

HDR convenors & representatives

School Convenor Student Representative
RSA Professor Neil Fargher

Syeda Haider



Professor Bruce Chapman (for coursework and thesis)

Dr Juergen Meinecke (for admission)

Haidi Hong

Associate Professor Tim Higgins

Professor Takeshi Yamada (Finance)

Hedda Cui
RSM Associate Professor Nick Wang (Interim) Yaxi Shen

CBE Director of HDR - Associate Professor Ying-Yi Chih

CBE PhD Graduates

Contact us

Please contact HDR Student Administration at hdr.cbe@anu.edu.au for any enquiries regarding HDR program administration matters.

Updated:   21 February 2017 / Responsible Officer:  CBE Communications and Outreach / Page Contact:  College Web Team